Women are introduced to the Career Center during their initial appointment and are encouraged to utilize this resource area equipped with tools that strengthen their job search and professional development. All services are free of charge for every woman we serve.
Career Center Resources
- 7 desktop computers with internet access and Microsoft Office
- Free Online Classes
- Individual appointments for resume review and interview prep
- Free Printing
- Library of community resources and job openings
- Career Readiness and Professional Development workshops
- Network with peers, community partners and employers
Career Center Hours
Tuesday – Thursday: open computer lab and job leads: 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM. No appointment needed for current clients.
Friday: Self-led resources: 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM. No appointment needed for current clients.
Career Center Workshops
The Career Center E.D.G.E Career Readiness workshops are taught February through November on
Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9:30 am – 11:30 am unless otherwise noted.
In this workshop series we host a rotating schedule of topics presented in a workshop format by experienced professionals and experts in the covered topics!
- Introduction to E.D.G.E
- Conflict in the Workplace
- SMART Goals & Vision Boards
- Navigating the Hiring Process
- Transferable Skills
- Resumes that Open Doors
- Personal Brand & Social Media
- Evaluating the Job Offer
- Phone Interviews
- Face to Face Interviews
- HR Panel
- Mock Interviews
Registration is FREE but RSVP required –Register here to save your spot.
Please note the start time of the workshop for which you RSVP; arrive 15 minutes early to reserve seating. Clients arriving more than 15 minutes late will not be able to join the session.