Dress for Success Indianapolis is currently hiring a Career Development Program Manager. If you’re interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to Indianapolis@dressforsuccess.org by 6/23/2017.
No phone calls, please.
Career Development Program Manager
Dress for Success Indianapolis is a non-profit agency providing professional clothing, confidence boosts, and career development support and services to women striving for self-sufficiency. Through the Suits for Success program, women receive a complete interview suit, personal service, and the opportunity to return for a second outfit once employment is obtained. Dress for Success Indianapolis also offers employment retention services through our Professional Women’s Group (PWG) as well as Next Steps – a networking and development program for employed women. To further support all clients of Dress for Success Indianapolis, we opened a Career Development Center in 2009 that includes a computer lab for client use along with individualized and group-based career development support. Since 2000, over 14,000 women in Indianapolis have been served by Dress for Success Indianapolis.
Indianapolis is one of over 125 Dress for Success affiliates worldwide. The office and boutique are located in downtown Indianapolis. The Career Development Program Manager oversees the implementation and development of the Career Development Center strategic plan and is responsible for the delivery of services to clients, coordination of one-on-one as well as group services along with the training and management of volunteers who support the Career Development Center, developing and maintaining community relationships and tracking outcomes.
The Career Development program at Dress for Success Indianapolis is focused on helping women secure new, or better employment. The Career Development Program Manager develops, evaluates and executes programming that helps unemployed women prepare for the workplace and find sustainable employment. They also help women who are underemployed prepare for, and find preferential employment. This is a full-time, exempt position that reports to the Associate Director. This position is devoted to the Career Development Center program. A limited amount of evening and weekend work is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Client Services (60%)
- Develop, manage, evaluate and execute career development programming, including pre-
employment training and employment retention initiatives.
- Collaboratively develop and manage relationships with referral agencies.
- Collaboratively expand, engage and manage a network of employers who have the
potential to hire our women.
- Expand educational and training relationships with existing educational and training
institutions and their Career Development departments.
- Expand education, credential and skills training opportunities for clients.
- Recruit and engage women in need of services.
- Oversee operations of open computer lab hours.
- Manage and establish protocols for services.
- Manage the addition of accurate data regarding clients scheduled and served.
- Promote Professional Women’s Group and any other employment retention opportunities.
- Manage referrals to the Career Development Center and establish individualized career
plans and job search strategies with clients.
- Serve as a professional role-model for clients.
- Recruit, train, manage and reward volunteers to support the Career Development Center.
- Maintain accurate records for volunteers.
Community Relationships (20%)
- Partner with community agencies to expand offerings and procure resources for clients.
- Develop relationships and a system to make job opportunities available to benefit clients.
- Coordinate Dress for Success Worldwide career development opportunities for clients.
General Administrative/Facilities (10%)
- Keep all equipment and furniture in good working order.
- Track expenses and grants as related to Career Development Center.
- Participate in monthly staff meetings.
- Perform additional tasks as requested by Associate or Executive Directors.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic representative of and advocate for Dress for Success
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years experience in non-profit, human resources or related field preferred, or high school diploma or equivalent and 8 years work experience
- Customer service experience, human resource experience, workforce development experience highly desirable
- Experience working with at-risk and low-income populations desirable
- Experience working with volunteers
- Administrative experience
- Experience with adult learning, resume review and writing
- Welcoming personality in-person and on telephone
- Mature adult comfortable with enforcing policies
- Professional and polished image
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Strong computer skills in all Microsoft Office Suite programs
- HIGH LEVEL OF PASSION AND COMMITMENT TO THE DRESS FOR SUCCESS MISSION
Visual: Required to view and/or prepare reports and other written or computer-generated
Oral: Required for heavy communications by telephone, one-on-one conversations and to conduct a wide variety of small to large group presentations;
Hearing: Required for heavy communications by telephone, one-on-one conversations and to conduct a wide variety of small to large group presentations;
Dexterity: Required for heavy keyboard use, maintaining computerized calendars and preparation of documents, reports, and presentations.
Other Physical: Requires sitting and standing for extended periods of time. Requires the ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds. Some travel both local and out-of town is also required to attend meetings and conferences.
CLASSIFICATION & HOURS
- Full-time, exempt position with a limited amount of weekend and night work
WAGE & BENEFITS
- $38,000-$42,000/year (annual salary)
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- 403 (b) retirement plan
Dress for Success Indianapolis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to make all personnel decisions without discriminating on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, physical disability, mental disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national or ethnic origin, and any other protected status.
Additional information about Dress for Success Indianapolis can be obtained at: