Dress for Success Indianapolis (DFSI) is a non-profit agency providing professional clothing, confidence boosts, and career development to women striving for self-sufficiency. The Administrative Associate supports the daily operations of Dress for Success Indianapolis relative to programming, agency relations, and fundraising efforts. This position is ideal for an individual who is personable, organized, professional and enjoys variety in her/his career. This position reports to the Executive Director as the primary supervisor and to the Director of Programs for daily direction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Programming/Front Office/Agency Relations:
- Connect with self-referral clients and referring agency partners to schedule client appointments and, if necessary, complete the intake process. Schedule Style for Success appointments as they occur via phone, email, or staff requests.
- Enter accurate data regarding clients scheduled, served, and outcomes of those visits to aid with Dress for Success Worldwide’s annual reporting.
- Answer the phone with a continual update of Dress for Success phone answering voicemail and messaging.
- Accountable for phone tree messaging and transferring calls while also taking messages as needed.
- Act as a greeter for all clients, volunteers, members, and partners.
- Assist with client data analysis via tracking data, Salesforce reports, or additional tools as needed and requested.
- Act in a public relational manner by speaking accurately about Dress for Success Indianapolis programming to potential clients, referring partners, and or volunteers.
- Provide referral agencies, clients, and members with accurate, reliable, and valid programming information with the specific responsibility to hand off partners, clients, and or members to the appropriate programming staff.
- Make daily calls to confirm Style for Success appointments (confirming calls should be conducted a day before the appointment and or the morning of – at the latest).
- Maintain upkeep of front office and conference room area with weekly cleaning and restocking of items to provide a clean, friendly, and inviting type of atmosphere (seating, technology – i.e., kiosk, music, food, and water).
Office Management/Financial Administration:
- Provide a high level of service to all constituencies by answering the phone, answering basic program and donation-related questions, and directing calls daily.
- Maintain donor records in Salesforce by collecting donation information from the Director of Philanthropy & Giving or the Executive Director.
- Prepare donor acknowledgment letters and maintain physical donation records.
- Serve as a contact for all building maintenance issues and technology ticket requests.
- Partner with the Executive Director on maintaining accurate Board Member data and information as well as annual pledges and issuance of balances.
- Ordering and maintaining office supplies (i.e., printing paper, cups, and utensils, and staffing needs).
- Efficient Salesforce Administration:
- Programming access to staff members
- Create report types
- Keep data updated and clean
- Participate in Salesforce training
Stepping Out In Style and Other Fundraising Events:
- Prepare payment invoices and balances both for sponsors & private donors.
- Partner with Executive Director to maintain accurate sponsorship records in Salesforce.
- Submit reporting information to the Executive Director and or Director of Programs, as requested.
- Keep track of attendees.
- Prepare registration for all events and check in all guests. (Three annual events.)
- Process all post-event financial transactions, and create donor acknowledgment letters.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic representative of and advocator for Dress for Success Indianapolis.
- Project a professional and positive personal image.
- Perform additional tasks as requested.
- Take initiative on ways to improve/streamline processes.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service is provided to all volunteers, donors, and clients.
- Attend bimonthly board meetings and assist Executive Director with hybrid technology.
- Customer service is driven by administrative experience
- High organization and prioritization skills; multitasker
- Self–starter and motivated
- Welcoming personality in-person and on the telephone
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- HIGH LEVEL OF PASSION AND COMMITMENT TO THE DRESS FOR SUCCESS MISSION
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and fundraising software (Salesforce preferred)
- Associate degree or higher preferred, or a minimum of two years of similar work experience
- Technologically savvy
CLASSIFICATION & HOURS:
- Full-time, salaried, non-exempt position
- 100% onsite
- Primarily Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM; the schedule may vary according to the needs of clients, volunteers, and job responsibilities – including Saturday 9:00 AM – 12 PM 4 times a year, and board meetings 6 times a year from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
WAGE & BENEFITS:
- $41,000 – 43,500 annualized salary
- 403b plan (immediately available for employee contributions; employer contributions after one year)
- Health insurance
- Paid sick, vacation, and personal leave (not including an additional two weeks of vacation due to office closing one week during the Christmas holiday and one week during the New Years holiday)
- Free parking
Additional information about Dress for Success Indianapolis can be obtained at: www.indydfs.org.
Submit your resume to Debra Jones at email@example.com.