Frequently asked Covid-19 questions
• CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
• Indiana: https://www.in.gov/isdh/28470.htm
What should I do if I think I may have COVID-19?
Contact the COVID-19 call center at (317) 221-5500 between 8 am-5 pm, Monday-Friday. If it is after hours and urgent, please call (317) 221-2000. As in any situation, if you are having trouble breathing you should call 911 or visit an emergency room immediately. Please make any medical personnel be aware of any travel history and/or exposure to COVID-19 and call ahead to notify the facility that you are coming.
• Families who need help finding or paying for care can contact Brighter Futures Indiana staff at 1-800-299-1627 and a referral specialist can support them in their search
• Every community has a Child Care Resource and Referral Agency (CCR&R) who can connect parents with local childcare options and provide referrals for support. To find your local CCR&R you can call 1-800-299-1627 or go to https://www.in.gov/fssa/carefinder/5712.htm
• When locating care, it is important to ensure that families are choosing licensed and regulated care for their children. To check if the environment is licensed or regulated you can go to childcarefinder.in.gov or call 1-800-299-1627.
• Interim Guidance for Administrators of US Childcare Programs and K-12 Schools
• COVID-19 Guidance for Childcare Programs (updated 3/17/2020)
• Indiana Department of Insurance Update on Liability Insurance (updated 3/14/2020)
The State of Indiana has created a page for all information on COVID-19 as it relates to workforce and unemployment insurance. It will be updated as more information becomes available.
Starting now until April 3, 2020, IPS will provide breakfast and lunch to all students Monday–Friday. The food service team will provide pre-packaged meals in the parking lots of several IPS schools listed below. The distribution times are 11AM-1PM Monday-Friday.
The service is open to all IPS (and non-IPS students) that are 18 years old and younger. Due to high demand, they are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
For more information visit https://myips.org/blog/district/ips-releases-meal-locations-and-times-through-april-3/
• George Washington High School, 2215 W. Washington St.
• Arlington Woods School 99, 5801 30th St.
• Brookside School 54, 3150 E. 10th St. (Meals will be served from the school parking lot off of North Dearborn Street.)
• Carl Wilde School 79, 5002 W. 34th St. (Meals will be served from the parking lot off of Auburn Road.)
• Eleanor Skillen School 34, 1410 Wade St.
• James Whitcomb Riley School 43, 150 W. 40th St.
• Charles Warren Fairbanks School 105, 8620 Montery Road
The IPS food bus will also offer meals at the following apartment complexes Monday–Friday until April 3rd:
• Blackburn Terrace, 3091 Baltimore Ave., from 11–11:30 a.m.
• Laurelwood Apartments, 3340 Teakwood Drive, from 12:30–1 p.m.
Other Food Resources
• Community Compass App- The Indy Hunger Network’s Food Compass App provides food resources to anyone in Marion County. By downloading the app, you can find food resources right in your area. If you are unable to download the app, you can text word “hi”to 317-434-3758 to access the same resources provided. For more information, visit https://www.indyhunger.org/compass/
• Gleaners Food Pantry- The Gleaners Food Panty’s Community Cupboard is open to all in need. Visit https://www.gleaners.org/programs/mobile/mobile-schedule/ for help.
Lawrence Township Schools:
• A five day supply of Grab and Go breakfasts and lunches will be available between 11 AM – 1 PM on Monday, March 16 & Monday March 23 at the following sites:
Brook Park Elementary: 5259 David Street, Indianapolis, IN 46226
Harrison Hill Elementary: 7510 East 53rd Street, Indianapolis, IN 46226
Indian Creek Elementary: 10833 East 56th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46235
Fall Creek Valley Middle School: 9701 East 63rd Street, Indianapolis, IN 46236
Lawrence North High School: 7802 Hague Road, Indianapolis, IN 46256
Reserve at Franklin Glenn: 8016 Louisville Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46226
Maison Gardens Apartments: 8808 Rue Madeleine, Indianapolis, IN 46226
Postbrook East Apartments: 9265 East 41st Street, Indianapolis, IN 46235
For more information visit https://www.ltschools.org/announcements/coronavirus-preparedness-(1)
Buses are still operating in Indianapolis. IndyGo is using deep cleaning on buses and at facilities. Hand sanitizer is available at the Carson Transit Center, but the public bathrooms are closed. For updates on bus service:
• indygo.net/health [indygo.benchurl.com]
Connect 2 Help
• Call 211 or go to www.connect2help.org